Asset Searches

We can only conduct an asset search for an individual who has passed away and we will need authority from the estate administrator, executor or personal representative before the search can be conducted.


Our search is far more thorough than the services offered by some of our competitors and is specifically tailored to each individual case.


Most of the financial asset searches offered by other firms will either involve a simple check on Experian’s Unclaimed Assets Register (UAR) at a cost of £25 or will use the Landmark Financial Asset Search service at a cost of £135. Our service goes much further. We combine our many years of expertise with a methodical approach to look where many others don’t. In addition to electronic searches we also conduct manual investigations that cannot be automated. Our return rate speaks for itself to prove the effectiveness of our service.


Many firms will offer an asset search service at a cheaper price than that provided by Fraser and Fraser. The simple reason for this is that we always aim to go beyond what is simply due diligence and a tick box exercise to provide a service that offers the real possibility of finding unknown assets.

The asset holder has gone away or passed away.

Most of us have moved house and find that in the first few months you receive the last residents post. Even if they used the royal mails postal redirect service some things slip through. Of course, you being a caring individual send these on to the former owner, or give them to the landlord. After a few months you start to run out of patience and instead of sending them on you simply mark them “return to sender” this is ok for a while and most post will stop. What if it doesn’t all stop, twice a year you still get the letter or larger envelope with companies published accounts in them, and a financial statement informing the former resident of their share dividend. You start by just throwing it in the bin but know there must be a better solution.


This is because the share registrar must write to the last known address of the shareholder. Some of the time it will be because the shareholding is so small it is just not worth the holder doing anything with, other times it can be a substantial amount of money.


This is where Fraser and Fraser can help. We will endeavour to find the beneficiary and make them aware of the holding. If it is for a small amount then we may simply just inform the registrar / asset holder of the new address. If the holding is more substantial we will approach the beneficiary and for a small administration fee make them aware of the holding and assist with the sale or transfer of it.